– A copy of Infinite Jest. (When I’m finished with my current book I will give this a try.)
– Another book called Swan Song (from Howard).
– A picture of Maggie Gyllenhaal, because when and if I get my eyebrows down, hers are what I’m shooting for.
– A map. To look at periodically so in case someone ever asks me to point out Iraq on a map I will be able to.
– A bowl of cats toys. So when the cat start acting evil and I’m trying to work I can throw things to distract them.
– A file of recipes. Ha. Yeah. Dream on. But there was this blueberry swirl pie thing!
– A pile of pages torn out from magazines which include: an article about non-invasive things you can do to your face like IPL and LED, an article about a restaurant I want to try called Ilili, an article about a fitness test I should take and where to get meds if you don’t have that insurance prescription option and pay full price.
That reminds me, I rarely have to buy prescription drugs, but last year, when I did, I freaked out because the drugs were WAY expensive. I looked into adding that prescription drug option to my insurance, and I added up what I was going to spend on these VERY expensive meds for a year, and what I would spend monthly for the prescription drug option and it was still cheaper to pay full price for the meds. I called the pharmacist back and said nevermind, I did the math and I’d be paying full price. He said, “I wish more people would do the math.” Meaning, you really have to spend a lot every month to make that thing worthwhile. I suspect as I age I will be, but for now it doesn’t make sense.