My preparations for my BIG birthday coming up:
– Thorough Spring cleaning, including getting the windows washed. Done.
– Go through all my clothes and donate everything I no longer wear. Done. I love how pared down and ordered my closet is, with only the things I actually wear, or need to wear for certain occasions.
– Do all my yearly doctor appointments, check-ups, etc. Done.
– Schedule facial and pedicure and dentist appointment. Done.
– Take cats for check-up and dental work. Done. (They need to get spruced-up, too.)
– Do all the things you’ve been putting off. This includes upgrading the blog software I use to do this, in fact, all sorts of software upgrades, AND, making a decision about my air conditioner. I had a guy come in to take a look and tell me if I need to get a new one. The one I have is 10 years old, and don’t they make them better these days? He said I actually have a great unit, even if it is old, and he suggested I just clean it. So he took it with him to clean.
I LOVE having the air conditioner out of the window. Having the window all clear with nothing in it blocking the view makes the whole place seem lighter and more open. I wish I could live without the air conditioner. One thing — the guy said they can take it out and store it during the winter and I am definitely going to do that from now on.
For most of the year I’ll have this light open view. The next snowfall, I will have this view. (Ha! Check out Finney luxuriating in the down comforter.)
Within seconds of the air conditioner guy leaving, Finney was up inspecting the new view and a new windowsill to sit on.