Finney’s CT Scan Results

October 18th, 2016 Posted in Uncategorized

Finney’s tumor is relatively small, and hasn’t progressed. Given his age, and his arthritis, and his weird collapsed foot, the vet thinks his best outcome would be from removing the tumor as best they can, and he thinks they have a good shot a removing all of it cleanly, and not doing an amputation.

I’m not saving money, but this is the best possible news except, “We were wrong, he doesn’t have cancer!” Now all I have to do is schedule the surgery. I could do it as early as Thursday, but I kinda want to give him a break and the vet said it would be okay to wait until next week. Still, I have to believe the sooner this is done the better.

Update: We’re doing this on Thursday.

More Halloween decorations in the neighborhood.


Be Sociable, Share!
  1. 3 Responses to “Finney’s CT Scan Results”

  2. By Julia on Oct 19, 2016

    Hang in there kid. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Remember to breathe.

  3. By Rebecca Reed on Oct 20, 2016

    That’s really hopeful news! No amputation and he has a real chance if the tumor is contained. I’d be feeling much better if it were my kitty. Plus you can know you have done everything in your power for him to have this chance. The rest is in the hands of providence and your pocketbook of course. Yikes.

  4. By Stacy Horn on Oct 24, 2016

    I’m sorry I’m so late to say thank you, but thank you.

Post a Comment