I had my first interview yesterday, on the Ghostman and Demon Hunter show. I’m not sure how I did, but it was a good first interview for me because it was so friendly. Thank you Nathan and Shaun. You crazy men, you! (They are insane. But a good insane.)
I took a snapshot of my desk right at this moment because it’s a good peek at what’s going on with me, since I basically live at this desk. Notice it’s still dark out.
– There’s a cat on it, as per usual. Buddy.
– And the daffodils that I found and snapped up in an effort to improve my frantic state of mind.
– The pile with the People Magazine on top is the reading material I’ve been collecting for the various train trips I have in my almost immediate future.
– The Watchman belongs in that pile. It’s misfiled! It’s on top of my Beethoven Missa Solemnis score, which is still kicking my ass, but less and less.
– Behind the Watchman is my to-do pile. On top of that pile are the prepared answers I wrote for every question I could think of that people might ask me. (I blank sometimes in interviews, so I have to practice answers, just in case.)
– The phone is the old-fashioned, not-mobile one that I keep for emergencies. On 9/11 no one’s cellphone worked and everyone thought phone service was out, but it wasn’t. If you plugged in one like this you got a dial tone. I pulled it out for the radio interviews. Not just in case there’s a terrorist attack during my interviews, but because one place asked me to. Maybe the sound is better on non-mobile phones?