The Fix-It Plan
– I bought clear caulk to hold a broken piece of window pane in place because the landlord is never going to fix it.
– I bought corner braces to attach the bottom of the window frame to the sides because it’s falling off. A friend was doing this for me, but we ran out of corner braces so he pre-drilled the holes so I could finish the job myself
– I bought a tarp to put over the fire escape because the birds are making a mess, which is filtering down all the way to the street.
I was all happy when I began because I found bricks to hold the tarp down, and it felt good to find them and save a little $$$.
– I couldn’t figure out how to work the caulking thing.
– My friend only drilled one hole so I couldn’t attach the brace and I managed to make the problem worse in the process.
– I couldn’t put the tarp down because my fear of heights paralyzed me. I had to lean out farther than I thought I would.
I am currently sitting here stewing. I’m contemplating crying. You can see the mess the birds are making in the picture below. Okay, I think I’m going to go for crying.